If assistance is required on a French autoroute, and certain autoroutes in some other European countries, you must use the official SOS boxes at the side of the road in order to arrange initial recovery. You will be connected to the authorised motorway assistance service because the roads are privatised and we are prevented from assisting on them. You should contact MINI Emergency Service at the earliest opportunity so that we can arrange for the most appropriate assistance once your vehicle has been recovered from the autoroute.
Costs incurred for recovery from the autoroute should be claimed back from MINI Emergency Service.
Exclusions relating to MINI Emergency Service.
We will not pay for:
• Any expenses incurred without the prior authorisation of MINI Emergency Service.
• Expenses which would normally have been payable by you, such as fuel and toll charges.
• The cost of replacement parts.
• Any costs resulting from participation in motor racing, rallies, speed or duration tests.
• Any costs resulting from your vehicle being kept in an unroadworthy condition or not being serviced in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations. If, in the opinion of MINI Emergency Service, we believe that a recurring fault is due to poor maintenance of your vehicle, we reserve the right to request proof of servicing and to specify immediate recovery to an Authorised MINI Centre or MINI Service Authorised Workshop.
• Any costs as a result of your participation in a criminal act or offence.
• Any costs as a result of your being under the influence of intoxicating liquor, solvent abuse or drugs.
• Any claim resulting from participation in winter sports.
• Any expenses which could be recovered under a reciprocal agreement between the British or Republic of Ireland Government and any other Government.